Friday 5 December 2008

Long time no update - but I'm still painting

Well it's been a long time since I last updated - work and time constraints being the main reason.

I also had a very barren painting period over the summer/autumn months which saw little or no progress.

However, I've finally got myself into something of a rhythm for miniature painting again and have been getting a least 3 hours in a week for the last three weeks. Which doesn't sound much but it's definitely better than nothing.

My warhammer 40k Orks army is finally inching it's way towards having the core Troops choices painted. I've got my unit of 16 x 2nd ed. Orks with sluggas and choppas (inc. Nob) completed and I'm two thirds of the way through my 20 x 1st ed. shoota boys. I've also got a unit of 10 x 2nd Ed. Gretchin waiting to be based although they need a Runtherd before they can go onto the tabletop.

Once I've got this little lot completed I'll have the core of my 40k Ork army Troops choices. Well at least I'll have a sizable chunk - I plan on having the slugga and shoota units up to 30 strong eventually.

After these are done I'll be doing my first HQ choice - a wierdboy.

Then it's most likely going to be finishing a converted scorcha based on a wartrak from Gorkamorka.

The main target to complete this side of Christmas though is the 20 x shoota boys.

I've already got a cool idea for a little 40k scenario just using these minis which I'll share at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my blog and taking the time to make a comment. Please keep it clean, it's a family show, many thanks in advance. :-)

Note to Firefox users - I'm using embedded comments and have found that Firefox on a mac doesn't seem to work with it (at least for me). Safari works fine though.